Teaching English in another country is part of a experience. As I wrote in the “work abroad: where to apply I” the option of showing your culture and teaching a language is sometimes a good option.
The “Teach abroad grants” for north americans (usa and canada) and culture assistants are perfect to come to Spain.
Here more information:
The job: The assistants and the classroom teacher (or the school representatives) may agree upon other activities and responsibilities they should be involved in, such as
- Conducting conversation lessons,
- Attending meetings,
- Making presentations in classes
- Participating in extra-curricular activities, such as workshops, school trips, student exchanges, music and theater performances or sporting events
- Hold a U.S. or Canadian Passport.
- Be a native English speaker.
- Be a Junior or Senior college student or have completed a BA, BS, MA or MS.
- Have an intermediate/advanced level of Spanish
The period: The program begins in mid-September and ends in mid-June. The academic calendar, however, is subject to the regional education norms.
Schedule/working hours: 12-16 hour weekly. You can have another part time job or travel too 🙂
Salary: A minimum monthly allowance of EUR €700 (USD$ 1,025; CAD$ 1,060)
- Orientation course at the beginning of the school year and ongoing development.
- Full medical insurance.
- Official certificate, issued by the regional education authorities.
- Grants will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No application fees.
The deadline is TOMORROW. Fill out your Online Application til March 30 here .
If not, wait for November (the application process starts November 30 til March 30)