junio 28, 2010
cocacola, community, communitymanager, contest, fanta, free, learn, lowcost, sanfrancisco, trip
I guess summer time it’s when people are more creative, have more ideas and want to do more things… and it’s true because branches, mostly drink branches, are organizing contests to get the best and amazing idea from people.
Branches are getting free marketing campaigns by consumers or not consumers, basically people that want to get a really interesting price. I wrote about the Aussie Roadtrip Adventure before and mentioned other opportunities like this, but now there are so many contest going on and i’ll post the most interesting for me. I’m participating in one of the so I ask you for your votes if you like.
- Robertus fanta: the one I’m participating in and the one I need vVOTES. You can join the page on facebook: Yo tambien pasé la Fanta and show me your support me sign in up and hitting the little stars on the web.(follow the rules here) It’s a 10 day course in San Francisco in August. I’m really looking forward to go and learn about community managing and visit this amazing city.The only problem: it’s only for spanish people or residents in Spain. But feel free to spread the word/video because it’s another interesting contest to get a free trip somewhere.
- Expedition 206. Another contest by Cocacola (PasaLaFanta is a coke branch too) and consist in a free trip along the 206 countries where CocaCola is sold and with just one mission: spread the cocacola feeling and happinees.
We can follow the winners of all of these contests throught their websites and that is making you want to participate too. It’s a good marketing campaing though. Good WOM 🙂
PD: Don’t forget to stop by the PasaLaFanta video 😉
octubre 7, 2009
abroad, community, degree, graduate, idea, money, organization, oversea, tips, travel, university, work
After the succes I got with the ideas throught Work Abroad I, I had to write the second part.
Work Abroad I was for everyone and you didn’t need a university degree, now I’m posting about other ways to get into the labor market abroad if you have a college degree.
If you are graduated, almost graduated, you should check:
- International organizations: They provide students in higher education with experience relevant to their studies in the field they want.
- AIESEC, the largest international young organization for people who wanna develop their potential. One of last steps into the AIESECWay is the Work Abroad and everyone can apply for one of the 4 types of intership into the fields of: management, technical, educational and development interships. If you need to know more about it, just ask me I was part of this organization and can give you the contact info of the closest office.
- IAESTE, the international young organization for the exchange of student of Technical Experience. It works like the one before, but just for enginerring and technical majors.
- Technical jobs
- Architects without borders, Check your closer chapter and join it, you will be able to cooperate for fair and sustainable development initiatives with disadvantaged people and communities.
- Go4contruction, a global recruitment website for the building, civil engineering, infrastructure, energy and oil and gas industries.
- Domestika, a Spanish website for jobs related with design, graphics, tv, 3d, music and other technical positions.
- European Union: there so many portals where you can find options for applying for a job in the EU countries.
- Eures, Eures is the European Job mobility portal, for work in the EU and different sites to look for jobs.
- Euraxess, EU website you can find Information on jobs, services, rights and networks for researchers.
- EPSO, European Career, website for working for one of the European Institutions.
- Other organizacions
- CIVI, French organizations that allows you to find opportunities abroad. For people from 18 to 28 years old.
- AIPT, the Association for International Practical Training is another international organization that offers you the opportunity to have an intership. AIPT is authorized by the U.S. Department of State to issue form DS-2019, the document required to enter the United States on a J-1 visa.
- CDS International, Fellowships, internships, study abroads and another innitiatives to have a cultural experiencie.
- IIE, It’s the website of the Institute of International Education. For education professionals. Not only jobs, also fellowships, conferences and events.
- Internabroad, Look for an internship abroad by country or by field.
- Intership program, Not only for looking an intership, also for job seekers.
- Community Services for teens:
- Global Routers,it’s a summer teen community service programs & gap-year or college internships in Africa, Asia and Latin America
Althought this is only a short list, you can find a lot of programs abroad around the web, every university also offers interships, fellowships from your major to other countries. You can also find opportunities looking with web2.0 tools, I’ll write about it too on another blogpost.