Before going to travel to a city, you have different options to get the information for a better exploration of the new place you are. That options are infinitive, depending on your relationship with locals (a lot of people have a lot of contacts everywhere in the world, or use sites like couchsurfing or hospitality club), or forums online, libraries, bookstores for a Lonely Planet (my favourite guide) …so many places to get that information for really cheap and just to take the best for their days in the new city.
But today, there’s another option also for free for having the information on your mobile device!
If you have a smartphone and want to travel to the major cities in the United States and Canada, this is the perfect time to download for free the 13 Lonely Planet city guides! The apps are available for free until tomorrow, February 4th (they are usually 5,99 USD) and they include: Hundreds of places to explore and points of interest of real interest, the maps work offline and all the information is in detail of the following cities:
- Lonely Planet Boston City Guide
- Lonely Planet Chicago City Guide
- Lonely Planet Las Vegas City Guide
- Lonely Planet Los Angeles City Guide
- Lonely Planet Miami City Guide
- Lonely Planet Montreal City Guide
- Lonely Planet New Orleans City Guide
- Lonely Planet New York City City Guide
- Lonely Planet San Francisco City Guide
- Lonely Planet Seattle City Guide
- Lonely Planet Toronto City Guide
- Lonely Planet Vancouver City Guide
- Lonely Planet Washington D.C. City Guide
Also available the Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel
Yes, as you can see, they are only available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod, and I’m an android user 😦 !!
Tip: they are almost 20MG, so download from the Itunes or with a Wifi connection, the 3G connection can take forever!