febrero 14, 2011
low cost, travel
barcelona, congress, deals, free, gsma, ideas, mobile, tips
The way to discover a city can vary depending on how many days you are visiting, what is the purpose of the trip…whatever it is, taking the most advantage of the trip with previous information, but..what happen when the city you are visitng offers really good deals!!
Hurry up because Barcelona has deals for you!! ans some of them are finishing soon.
So, if you are in Barcelona during this week for the GSMA Mobile World Congress or just visiting the city, don’t forget to download the free Barcelona Lonely planet application. Lonely planet tweeted it today and it will be available until midnight Thrusday the 17th. During that days, you can also have free wifi acces to Skype Acces-enabled Wifi hotsports in cafés, hotels and airports across Spain.
But Barcelona doesn’t offer only this city guide for free, with your mobile device you can get some discounts with Facebook places. You only have to log in on Facebook places, and check in at:
- Starbucks and you will get a Free TALL hot beverage (until the end of the month)
- El corte Inglés 50% off onall their products. (Also until the end of the month)
- H&M: 20% off on whatever you buy until today
- Futbol Club Barcelona store: You get a 2X1 when you buy a ticket for a soccer game. (Also until the end of the month)
- Sol Melià hotels: 50% off in the restaurants, breakfast buffet and Spa of this hotel chaine
- BBVA: if you check in any ATM or office, they give Red Cross 2€
- United Colours of Benetton: if you checkin in a store,they give Architecture for Humanity 2€
agosto 31, 2009
blog, green, ideas, recommendation, tips, travel, traveler, trip, world
Today, all the bloggers around celebrate the Blog Day. This consists giving 5 recommendations of new blogs that you have just discovered. This way, your blog readers wil
l find other interesting stuff to learn about it and will have the opportunity to follow th
My recommendation for today are different blogs I’m following throught my Reader. Some of them are in English or in Spanish. Use google translate if you are in trouble with the words or the whole text.
So, here is my recommendation for this day:
- Go Green, travel green. Everyone should think in green. Always and more when we travel. Really interesting blog with travel tips for eco-conscious travelers.
- Blog de viajes. An argentinan blogger who shares almost everyday interesting things about travelling, tourism and . This blogger was awarded as the Best Spanish Language Blog by the Lonely Planet Travel Blogger Awards 2009.
- La volta dels 25. This blog has 2 special things for me and just found it looking for some links. These special things are: It’s in Catalan, the language of Catalunya and of course, my language. The secong one, he’s 25, like me. He decided to take 1 year off and travel the world. He’s interviewing 25 young people from 25 years old around the world and write a book about it. Also awarded as the Best non-english travel Blog by the Lonely Planet Travel Awards 2009.
- The practical nomad. I guess that if you just wanna travel and love international travel, this blog is the first stop you have to do before start planning anything. He’s an expert on airfares and how to get the best deals on the Internet and updates a lot of information and resources.
- Comer y tapear bien barato en Barcelona. This one is not about travelling throught the world, is about another trip to one city and its food. If you are in love with Barcelona, and you like the feeling of a good meal. Don’t miss this update with the best places on where to eat and for how much, from the most visited places in the city to the most hidden ones.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!!
mayo 24, 2009
bigmac, ideas, mcdonalds, purchase, summer, tips, travel
Summer vacations are comming, people are starting to think about where to go and when (a lot of people have their days off in august, 2 or 3 weeks…) For the ones with a restrictive budget, or people that don’t wanna spend a lot of money travelling and they wanna go to a different country, for travelers, families that wary about the cost of taking a vacation this summer, some economic relief may be in the offing, it’s just checking….thousands of good deals are around!
I wanna share with you what we were talking about with some friends last friday in Sant Cugat. As they are preparing their holidays (which I’m thinking on joining them depending on my family), and we all wanna save money.
We were checking the prices of the possible countries to travel (going to Japan is totally different that spending 20 days in India in terms of money) with the Big Mac Index, a new way that the Economist suggested to measure the purchase power in different parts of the world taking the cost of a BigMac hamburger and the exchange rate of every country.
It’s kind of funny to see the comparison but there are some limitations with this index, as in many countries, eating at international fast-food chains is quite expensive and if you wanna save money it’s better to stop by a local restaurant, and of course, the demand for Big Macs is not that large in countries like India as in the United States.
So, we’ll continue checking what will be the closest and cheapest escape for this summer with this type of tips, the Big Mac index was a good idea, but we need more tips!!
To finish, I truly believe that eating in McDonalds with a small budget and being full is past…it’s time for Dönner Kebabs , althought the ring-shaped pastry + cofee + 30 minutes wifi at McDolands is a really good deal.